Monday, October 24, 2011

Science Experiment Graph



Based on my love of running, I decided to conduct an experiment to test if it makes a difference what genre of music you listen to on a run. I thought that the more upbeat music you listen to the faster you would run rather than listening to slow music. As you can see on my chart/graph the time of the two runs did not change extremely as I thought it would. I believe this happened because running is a mind game and it is really all in your head. Also the weather made an impact on my run because it was slightly more windy on my Experiment 1 testing. This made a difference in the two times because the wind was pushing against me which made a negative impact. What I have taken in to consideration is that the music you listen to on a one mile run doesn’t really matter. Even though my prediction was wrong, I have learned many new skills in the running field that I can take in and use when needed. Running is a sport that is different for each person that participates in it. Because of that, I believe that if someone else did the same experiment I did, the results could vary.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your experiment idea. I wish I would have thought of something so creative. It was a really hard experiment to pull off too, and I think you did a great job. It's really difficult especially to do it outside because the weather changes (wind, temperature) and you can't run both times one after another because you will get tired. Also, the times may fluctuate based on amount of sleep, food intake, etc. You did a really great job on a tough experiment!!! Lastly, I love how appealing your graph looks. When a graph is colorful and easy to read, it makes you really want to analyze the data more! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete