Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Muerte

Authors Note: I am using a poem format to express my emotions on something that is happening in my life. The topic is my Grandma Vi, who is in a nursing home and has been sick for a while. My family and I received a call today informing us that she will not be with us much longer. It is hard to think about her leaving us because she is always at family events like Christmas Eve.The thought of her no longer being there is very sad.


The heartbeat gets slower and slower
Not a single move to the body
Tears fall like raindrops
On a cloudy day
Sadness trapped inside
nowhere to go...
Not a word was spoken
Many thoughts occurred
Some people think it's a tragedy
while others think it's a blessing
I think it's both...


It's Death

6 comments:

  1. Sydney, what powerful emotions running through this piece. I appreciate the honesty and the openness you've portrayed through your writing. I hope you and your family stay strong. I'm thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completely with Mr. Roehl. You really opened up your heart and wrote what was on your mind. It was very powerful and meaningful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the nice comments. It means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. I love it! It really touched me because of your powerful word choice, voice, and organization. My favorite thing is how you close, the poem. You say "I think it's both..." I think that was a great way to finish the poem. Keep up the awesome work! I wish I had your poetry talent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Riah, for reading it it means a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. No problem... I love to read your posts :)

    ReplyDelete